Many customer asking me how to improve their business processes, make them easier and more transparent. Another my customers problem is how to decrease their expenses (and increase their income as result). Usually I have the solution. This solution is business automation. Let’s consider some cases I already implemented for my customer. This cases works and customers are happy.
Case 1. Automate delivery.
Customer have the underwear e-shop. The most of orders must be delivered to other cities than store location. And the delivery cost and time was a real pain for customer and its buyers.
We made delivery automation:
- We’re automatically calculating estimated delivery time and cost based on buyer address (this is another story), so buyer will see all this information before placing order
- We’re performing daily orders tracking processing. This means that my customer knows where any order is located now. And can share this information with buyers
- According to this information we’re sending emails and SMS messages to buyers when the post package is arrived to buyer’s city
- We have information if post package was taken by buyer, so we’re sending additional notifications within 3, 7 and 10 days after package arrival. System sends this notifications only if package is not taken. Results.
- Phone calls were reduced for 30%, which allows to save some money from call-centre stuff
- Orders receivement increased for 15%, which allows to earn more money
Case 2. Decrease delivery address errors.
The same underwear shop. Many people make mistakes while filling their address. This results in wrong postal package destination and money loss (shop pays for delivery in this case).
- We got the complete address database (this varies depending on your country, but I believe such database can be obtained for almost every country)
- Address fields in form uses this database by providing search suggestions and system automatically determine the postal code depending on entered address. In this case buyer will always fill the correct street for its city and correct city for its area. This is very actual for cities with common-used names (for example “Portland” in US).
- Automated printable forms for postal documents Results.
- Wrong address completion is less than 1% now (less wrong addresses – less undelivered orders)
- Less paper work. Documents can be printed with a single click. This saved a lot of time for shop stuff. They have about 150-300 orders / day and this become a huge time-saver. I don’t know how much for sure, but the customer is extremely happy.
Case 3. Automate payments for third-parties.
The food delivery company. Delivers food for local restaurants. Clients pays for order to my client, but client needs to pay restaurants for orders too.
- We setup Stripe Connect. This allows you to get the payments from your clients, take the service fee and send the rest to third-parties.
- All restaurant owners can attach their existing Stripe account to this system or signup for a new account which will be automatically attached to Stripe Connect. Results.
- Customer can forget about money allocation between its money and restaurants. Everything will be done automatically.
Case 4. Automate you stock-management.
Customer have two e-shops with tons of products. Both e-shops uses the same products database. And they cannot watch for stock balance manually.
- We added stock management feature to e-shop. Now we have the complete stock information about every product (every product has different sizes and we have an information about all of them).
- System changes stock availability for each product during order lifecycle. For example, it reducing stock quantity after order placement (this means buyers cannot place order for more items than shop has in stock), or increasing it after order cancellation.
- The built-in reports system. This system shows the products out of stock, products which quantity near zero and allows to create a documents for shop’s goods provider. Results.
- Huge time-save for checking products availability after each order.
- Less “cancelled” orders (people know what they can buy before placing their order).
- Time saving during restocking. Business owner always know what products needed.
Case 5. Automate still unautomated.
Pest control company with thousands of clients. They’re using Google Calendar for pest control teams time management. But they have no way to build reports or notify their customers about marketing stuff or anything else.
- Automated system with integrated calendar. This system allows them to manage pest control teams, build reports (including income reports) and notify their customers when they need (for example each service complete of two visits of pest control team, and customer will be notified before each of them)
- Data import from Google Calendar. It allowed to save the previous (3-years) work history.
- Automatic data export to MailChimp. Allowed to provide mailing lists to their customers.
- Automatic digital contract generation
- Automated pest control teams notification on work assignment. Results.
- Time-saving for reports actions
- Time-saving for digital contracts generation
- Detailed and centralized information about incomes
- Everything in a single place – system provides complete business control
- Money and time savings on communication between pest control teams and office. There is no need to make calls on work assignment or cancellation
I can continue with cases description, but any case will have the same result – it saved the customer time. You’ll pay once and begin to save your money. More time you’re working – more you’ll save. I believe that one of the main goals of every business is to work independently, and today’s technologies allows us to do it. This automations doesn’t require the big development team, all of this cases was made by a single developer, working directly with business owners. And they will help you since the first day.
Just a note. Author is available for hiring. Hire web developer